If your company are going on a conference for the weekend you might need to plan something else then just meetings and lectures for the team otherwise the whole weekend will be a draft. This time is a good opportunity to make your co-workers get together and practise teambuilding skills.
Here is a list of things and places you can try together:
- VR-fight. This fun challange for your team is located in Stockholm, a 2 hours long play with a maximum of 40 players. Make your co-workers fight together in a virtual reality.
- Brainstorming – A classic challenge for conferences to use your brains and at the same time compete together.
- Easy small games – If your more focused on lectures this weekend and feeling that you don’t have the time for big activitys there is always many fun 5 minutes game you and your co-workers could try under the coffee breaks.
- QR-hunting – This you can do anywhere, you just need a QR-reader in your phone or templates and QR codes hiding places, Select 2-4 teams and let them go out for a search.
- Walk and talk/Yoga – What is a more natural way to get to know your team on then some exercise in a relaxing environment? This conference place offers a beautiful garden to do all kinds of activities in when you feel your brain is giving up.
Are you on a conference trip in Sweden and wonder how to act proper in a Swedish meeting? Different culture have different standards even though Swedish people are pretty simple but direct. Follow these tips and you will win them over in a minute.
- Greeting. Every business meeting starts and finish with a handshake. This applies to everyone; men and women; adults and children.
- Punctuality. Being on time is important in every situation, in business as in social life. Punctuality shows respect and efficiency in Sweden. Swedes like to plan ahead and make schedules. Don’t be surprised if they make a deadline set during meeting.
- Take notes or record. It is pretty common to take notes or record meetings in sweden this just to remember what came up during the meeting. Make sure to bring a notepad and a penn to the meeting so you seem interested.
- Consensus. Swedish people are afraid of doing something wrong and agree to something fast without consoling with others. Consensus process is a way for the swedes to include more people in the decision making.
Over all Swedish people are very friendly but can sound a bit harsh and brusque but don’t take it personal, the are often stressing and find meetings unease. Don’t forget that every coin has two sides and this information is not necessarily accurate for all swedes.
If you want to read more about Swedish meetings you can click here or here.
Sometimes it can be challenging if you do travels for a living, say you work on different locations or have meetings all over the world. These trips requires light packing but also a well planed one. Either you are a man or a woman these tips will ease up your frustration when you wish you’ve had packed different. If you feel like staying at a hotel instead then www.hotelspecials.se is a good start to check out. But hey, its a bit more expensive then couchsurfing.
- Roll not fold – You actually save more space when you roll your clothes instead of folding them in your bag. Another tip to save some space in your suitcase is by keeping your socks in your extra pair of shoes.
- Limit your liquid – Every hotel has free toileteries that is meant for you to have. Instead of bringing your all favorite hair products make sure to bring the most necessary. If you know that you wont have time for a shower between your arrival and your meetings, pack dry shampoo, anti frizz oil and a comb in your handbag for a quickfix.
- Importent business dinner – Every trip deserves to finish off with an exclusive business dinner but to look proper while having your clothes rolled up can be hard to achieve if not for these tips. To keep your business shirts dinner and meeting-ready, pack a belt under the collars of your shirts, it save both time and space.
- Preparing for the dinner – So now you are at the hotel preparing for that importent business dinner and your outfit is all wrinkled from the travel. Not to worry! Hang the garment on a hanger close to your shower, jump into the hot shower, when your done showering place the hanger in the shower and let the steam from the hot water straighten your garment.
- Style you Basics – The biggest mistake we do when packing is to bring plenty of clothing options. Let the accessories change and spice up your everyday outfits. Instead of bringing different pants,dresses or shirts you can focus more on basic colors and different accessories like bags or jackets to remake the outfit.
- Jewelry for every occasion – Pretty similar to tip 5 but if you do want different jewelrys for each day you can buy a pill box example this cheap one from Amazon and put your bracelets, rings or earrings for different occasions in there. And you never have to deal with tangled chains.
Have you tried talking to an audience with no one listening to you or dozing off after a while? Do you want to learn how to speak with dedication, interest and inspire your co workers. With a few easy steps you can master your speaking skills and make your co worker get interested in what you have to say.
Maybe you have been to a lecture where the man who talks is so drab that you wonder if this is his first lecture? I think we all have in some point. One of the tips is to speak with variation. Here is your list:
- Involving your audience – Ask questions, listen to them and make them feel important, like they also have a say.
- Customize your message – Every person you talk to have a desire to do what they feel like, if you know that you are talking to a certain person change the way you present the message.
- Don’t be self-absorbed – Dont only talk from your perspective or lament you in front of your co workers, they will not respect you.
- Be helpful – Even if you are the boss be humble and help your co workers with whatever.
- Never tell people they are wrong – But when you are wrong, to admit.
- Make eye contact – When you speak with someone and they can’t look you directly in the eye there is a big chance the person are shy but this gesture gives a signal of lying. So if you want someone to trust you, look them in the eye while speaking to them.
- Have a point and stick to it – To talk to a person who are speaking of everything they are thinking of at that moment is really frustrating. Don’t talk in loops and make your point.
- Don’t use one tone the entire speech – Like I said before, speak with variation.
- Speak from your heart – All the best speakers are those who inspire and know what they are talking about. If you’re passionate about your subject the listeners will be too.
This is a great site to watch more tip — 〉